- Get Support
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
At Walking With The Wounded our success is down to our supporters and we are extremely grateful and humbled by the extraordinary efforts that so many make on our behalf. We really could not provide the support we do to those who served without you and your hard work. Thank you from every single one of us.
In case you were stuck for ideas, here are some to get you started!
Take part in a park run or event a marathon and help support our servicemen and women get back on their own feet. £700 will support someone like David back into employment.
· Register for your local running event
· Dust off your trainers
· Pick up a WWTW sponsorship form and share with your family & friends
· Start training
£800 can support a veteran like Sean through our Project NOVA aimed at reducing reoffending rates and making a positive impact on some of the toughest communities in the UK.
· Quiz night in your village hall
· Summer BBQ Street Party
· Summer fete with activity stalls and cake sale
Take part in the very popular 3 Peaks Challenge or climb any peak in your area taking your steps to support a veteran through our First Steps retraining programme
· Get a group together – family or friends
· Organise a date
· Set up a fundraising page with a team name which you can send out to all your contacts
· Have fun doing a challenge as a team
Support someone like Harry through our Head Start mental health programme
· School cake sale
· Bake for a ladies/community coffee morning
· Bake cakes for work and sell slices for £1 to go with the coffee/tea break
· Host a Come Dine With Me evening
· Create a Boiled eggs and soldiers brunch for Armed Forces Day at work or in school
‘Swishing’ means swapping an item or items of clothing, shoes or accessories with friends or acquaintances. Many people across the world hold swishing parties to raise funds for charity, and now is your chance to raise much needed funds for Walking With The Wounded.
Run your own Tug of War event or set it up within a larger community event such as a summer fete or school sports day
Create your own auction of promises fundraising event. You can as local businesses to contribute promises or auction lots for your event and then create an event around the auction such as a lunch, dinner or drinks evening.
How about organising a charity event, to raise much needed funds for WWTW, involving our four legged friends? There is a long history of dogs in warfare, going back to ancient times, but more recently dogs have been successfully trained as scouts, sentries and trackers. Their uses have been varied and some continue to be used in the military to this day.
Whether buying or selling – everyone loves a car boot sale – and if you are worried about the English weather (not always helpful when it comes to organising outdoor events), then how about organising an indoor table top sale instead?!